Saturday, November 14, 2009

Another day...

I am back at the hospital after having a long afternoon and night with my sweet Norah. I didn't realize how much I have missed her until I saw that goofy little smile that mimics her dad's. It was therapy for me to be with her, keeping my mind off of little Abbs and the pain and frustration I'm sure she's facing. Although I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Norah I couldn't help but feel guilty about leaving Abby. Even though Kevin was there with her, I still had an ache in the pit of my stomach. It was screaming at me to jump in my car and head back to the hospital. But I didn't. I just kept my focus on Norah. That is until Kevin called and informed me that Abby had an infection in her blood. Ouch!!! That ache just turned into a stab right through the heart. After he calmed me down, he explained that the doctors said this was very common and that they immediately started her on a strong antibiotic and that we should not worry. "Ok we won't". Yeah right!!! Tell a parent not to worry when her baby is lying in the ICU, unrecognizable, and have been told she has an infection???? But after much prayer, I am turning this little obstacle over to God and am trying not to worry. I can see a slight decrease in the swelling in her face and left eye today. The right eye is still swollen pretty bad. I'm not posing pictures because it pains me to the core just to look at her and believe me am doing you all a favor as well. So the prayer for today is that the infection will leave her body soon. Please pray with me.

With love
Tanya

2 comments: