Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Longest day of my life


As I sit here listening to the sound of monitors, babies crying, nurses talking and Kevin snoring, I feel very peaceful (and extremely sleepy). All the events of today seem like a blur to me now. My only focus is listening for the sound of the oh so familar coos of my soon-to-be 7 month old. But they don't come. I hear nothing. Nothing but tiny wimpers and delicate moans. Where is this playful, happy, always smiling baby I once had? Underneath the "white helmet". Behind the swollen eyes. Behind the cords and wires and tubes. I find my Abby. I know her sweet, innocent soul is trying to make her presense known. But not today. Not tonight. Maybe tomorrow. As I sit here thinking about the family in tears down the hall praying for their little one to make a turn for the better and countless children I have seen today, so brave and strong, far worse off that our little Abby, I am reminded of how lucky we are that her condition could be corrected. How blessed we are to be at this wonderful hospital. How blessed we are to have so many wonderful people in our lifes. And how, no matter the situation or the obstacles to face, our Savior is there to comfort and provide. Praise be to God!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that sweet, sweet girl....she and all of you have been in our prayers! I hope you're holding up ok. Please let us know if there is anything we can do! I mean it.

    ReplyDelete